Friday, October 1, 2010

My favorite day of the year!

October 1st is my favorite day out of the whole year.  It the first official day of fall (my favorite season) for me.  October is also the birthday month of Ty and both the girls, and it is the first month of the holiday season.  If only rent weren't due today... 

She looked so cute from behind I wanted to take a picture.
In true Izzy fashion she picked a wedgie just as I snapped the pic.
She giggle when I showed it to her.

Ty and I woke up at 8am today!  We never sleep in that late.  HQ and Izzy woke up before us and were playing 'kitchen' in their room this morning.  It seriously melted my heart! After that, our day moved pretty quick.  Between reading group at out local library, Izzy's home lessons, having to pick up a bag of "rubies", dropping Izzy off at her dad's, having dinner at my parents, AND Ty picking up another piece of beautiful free furniture  we got pretty pooped! 


Reading Group
Still Moon week.  Izzy had to think up 4 things that started with the letter 'M',
draw them, and then write the word.

After Izzy finished with her homework she and I made caramel apples to celebrate this special day.  She is at the age where she loves  to help and is so interested in everything.  She loved watching the sugar turn 'golden-brown'.




Before heading out to drop Izzy off we stopped off at Joann to pick Izzy up some rubies (red sparkly beads).  We promised them to her for a week of hard work well done.  Behind the cash register a 5 foot tall woman who is probably a little over 40 said, 
"Are these girls for you?"  She corrected herself, "are these your daughters?"
I replied, "Yes".
She looked at my belly and said, "are you having another one?"
"Yes, ma'am.  Due in March." I said proudly.
"All from the same father?"

Really? Who says stuff like this?  And in front of the kids in question? Why do I find all the weirdos? Ty was standing right next to me holding HQ.  Fortunately Izzy was distracted by the candy near the counter. 

I am bummed though.  Izzy is back at her dad's again and we wont be seeing her until TUESDAY!! Uhg, that seems like forever.  But after we dropped her off we spent some time at my parents house where we met up with our buddy Jason (he helped Ty get our 'new' dresser) what a pal :) 

HQ at Grandma's

HQ took her first step today!  She walked from me to her dad at my parent's house.  We cheered and clapped so loud for her I don't think she will be trying that again any time soon...  












No comments:

Post a Comment