Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's Call Him... Elmo

Busy day!  We went to check up on my car today.  The place they towed it to was beautiful... too beautiful.  The man at the front desk told us that we owed them $780 in fees so far.  I asked him what our options were if we could not afford to fix our car.  He said we will look it over and let you know what it's worth and subtract that from the balance if you give us the slips.  We were then led to the back wall where all the hopeless cases were lined up.  I saw my car and immediately got a headache.  Izzy enjoyed looking at all the "broken" cars.  "Whoa Mom, this place is awesome.  Why do they break all these cars?"

An employee stood there while Ty removed all our things from the car.  We headed back to the office and were told "Ok, you can give us $550 and the slips to your car".  Grrr!  I am frustrated, but it honestly still doesn't bother me as much as it probably will in a few weeks.  I am still so thankful that my family is ok losing my car doesn't seem like the worst thing that can happen.  Although.. it is pretty bad.

We headed to the hospital to get my blood re-drawn for pregnancy related tests.  Izzy always goes in to watch them take my blood.  Last time she actually flicked the needle while it was in my arm after I told her it didn't really hurt. I am not quite sure what reaction she was looking for, but she got one! This time she told the lab guys that she was having a little brother and that she thinks his name will be Elmo.  They laughed.  Hard.

I rested for a little while today while HQ was taking a nap.  Izzy lay next me and asked, "Do you remember when it was just me and you? It was a long, long, long, long, long time ago? Do you remember it?"
I said, "Yes I do.  I loved being with you".  She snuggled closer to me.
"I love being with you too, Mom.  You're the best mom ever!  But, I would miss it if HQ and Dad and little Peanut weren't here too.  But it was nice when it was just you and me." She just lay there, hugging me.  It made me think back to a couple years ago, when it was just me and her.



Back when it was just you and me :) 

After Ty left for work it was time for Izzy to hit The Little Gym.  They were learning basketball today.  Izzy really enjoyed being able to run around and play.  We haven't been able to play outside because of the rain, so all the kids were super amped up today!

Tonight I dropped the girls off with my parents who are watching them again this weekend.  Ty and I were supposed to head to Blizzcon, but in light of the recent events decided it was best to just stay home.  Ty gets home in about an hour and just sent me a text to pick out a movie to watch at home and he's on snacks!  

My camera may be on it's last leg... so you get to enjoy this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment