Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let's Eat Some Rain

Izzy was dropped off this morning.  I woke up to the sound of her sparkly heels running up the cement pathway that leads to our home.  I think she was just as glad to be home as we were to have her home.  It was another gloomy (beautiful) day and we started it out right by making some yummy french toast. 

"Mom! Rain is delicious! But it keeps missing my tongue..."

We went to Ikea today to get the last Trofast storage unit we needed for the girls' room.  It is now complete!  Well, I would like to find a sea life themed area rug for their room... then it would be complete! 

Of course you can't leave Ikea without getting one of their "best ice cream ever" cones.

HQ was not impressed with the "Express" checkout.


Child labor.  If only every piece of Ikea furniture came with an Izzy to put it together!
(She likes being a mini engineer!)

After we got the storage unit together we rushed off to art class.  In the car Izzy was curious about bugs and bugs that bite/sting. 
"Mom? Have you ever been stung by a bee or bit by a red ant?" -Izzy
"I was stung by a bee once"- Me
"I must be so clever.  I have NEVER been stung by a bee!  Have you tried screaming at them, Mom?"    -Izzy

HQ listening intently to her big sister.

When we pulled up in front of Izzy's art class (first time) she exclaimed, "Oh, Mom! Art class looks so fancy I might faint!"  When asked what she wanted to draw Izzy told the teacher she wanted to draw mochi...  they settled on an ice cream cone.  But Izzy wasn't satisfied with a regular ice cream cone she had to give it the Izzy touch!

My little artist.

A cotton candy ice cream cone in a bowl made from a jelly fish.
I was really impressed by this class/school!  The class was one and a half hours long.  The teachers had patience and energy for every student and the kids in there were all so young but working on some fantastic/beautiful things.  We hope it works out so that she can go again. I sat through part of it, but HQ wasn't enjoying the class as much as I was...


Time to get Izzy to bed, vacuum the living room, wipe down the kitchen table, do a load of dishes, and hopefully get myself to smell less like the kids before Ty comes home.  Fortunately he has tomorrow off.  He hasn't been feeling too well.  : /









No comments:

Post a Comment