Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Ty!

Today was Ty's birthday.  He started the day off by waking up at 3:30am for work.  He doesn't like having to get up that early, but he does prefer morning shifts.  Well, he is grateful for the work he has, period.

I started the day by calling my mother to see how HQ was doing.  She said she slept 8-7:30am.  YAY!  I'm glad that she and my mother got some sleep.  She also told me HQ is enjoying her time there and eating like a pig.  I look forward to seeing my little one tomorrow.

Izzy called home today.  She sounded like she was having fun.  That makes me so happy!  She was bragging that she was at a Japanese restaurant eating some miso soup and that it was very oishi (delicious).  SD also told me that he will need to drop her off a day early so we will be getting her back tomorrow.  I don't mind at all!

A picture I received from SD today.
He told me that she said she wanted to take a picture with this guy and sent it mom.
Oddly enough, this picture really does warm my heart!
Ty got home from work around noon and finished off his mud pie for lunch.  I married quite the health nut. We then found out our vacuum had died.  We have the WORST luck with vacuum cleaners.  I have no idea what we are going to do without one. 

Around two, Ty's dad and step-mom stopped by to wish him a happy birthday.  They live no more than 10 minutes away, but we rarely see them.  It was nice to catch up.  Unfortunately the girls weren't around. They showed up with a dolphin ballon and a bunch of little coordinating colored balloons.   It was pretty cute.  For Ty's gift they got an annual family pass the the aquarium along with a few parking passes.  What an awesome gift!  We are both so excited about it and I know the girls will LOVE going.  We are a big sea life family and Izzy is quite the little encyclopedia for ocean life.  They had also gotten gift certificates for the girls for the gift shop/food court etc. 

After they left we headed to our friends' new apartment for some delicious homemade (using nothing but Trader Joe's ingredients) dinner, banana crumb muffins, and Balderdash.  As always our time spent with them was enjoyable.  It was the best way to spend our evening, but poor Ty was so pooped by 9:00 he fell asleep mid game.  Yet he still managed to win... hmmm. 

Tomorrow is football Sunday! Woohoo! Ty's already asleep (he has work at 5am tomorrow!) and I guess I'll go join him and enjoy a good night's sleep. Well, if Peanut doesn't wake me up that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment