Sunday, October 3, 2010

Friends and Coconuts

Friends are awesome.  So long as you are blessed with genuine friends.  Most of my life I haven't had very many close female friends.  I was never big on slumber parties/gossip/doing each other's hair.  I just never really knew what to do with them and didn't seem to relate to hardly any of them.  Up until becoming a mom/married I didn't mind so much.  Now it feels like a necessity.  It's nice to know I have a few.  Thank you, friends!

Today we spent most of our time out of the house.  We left our place early for church and just got home not 10 minutes ago. It stunk that Izzy wasn't there for church.  I know she likes to go and has fun.  Well, she's one of those people that has fun everywhere.  She begs to go to the DMV.  She finds the recording that calls out your number quite humorous... maybe we don't take her out of the house enough.  

HQ getting ready for church.

After church we stayed at my parents house to let HQ rest.  We were worried she might be getting sick.  After barking with Sofie (my brother's toy pomeranian who I HATE) HQ took a mini nap and woke up feeling a little better.  She didn't have much of an appetite, but it didn't seem to bother her.

We then headed to Bill and Christina's who had invited/uninvited/invited us again over for dinner.  After getting some lousy news they weren't sure they wanted company.  I'm glad they changed their minds.  Ty, HQ, and I really enjoyed ourselves.  HQ got to play with her new little buddies Mombi and Mustachio (kitties) until she pooped herself out and proceeded to take a few very oddly timed naps.  

Christina made a DELICIOUS dinner and some yummy coconut cupcakes.  Bill washed some serious dishes and we had some great conversation that seemed to go all over the place.  From comedians and coconuts to tooth removal and naked parents to eating non edible items to the afterlife and everywhere in between!  It was refreshing. 


She's ready to go home.
On our way back home I really started to miss Izzy.  She gets dropped off with my mom tomorrow, but I still wont get to see her till Tuesday.  I guess it's good because I can work more on her costume tomorrow without her begging to try it on after every stitch.  But I will still miss it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment