Thursday, December 30, 2010

3 hours?! Yeah right!

Well today was nice and also yucky.  Ty left for work at 4am, but the girls let me sleep in until 8! However I had to rush.  Ty's mom was going to be by before 8:30 to keep and eye on the girls while I went in to take the second glucose test (it was so nice having her around to help this week!). 

I was told the glucose test was a 3 hour test.  You have to fast from midnight to until the test is completed.  My test was set up for 8:45 this morning.  I thought "ok I wont be able to eat until 11:45.. that stinks, but isn't too bad..." However when I got there I had to wait over twenty minutes for them to call me.  Then I was told that the 3 hour clock doesn't start until they get the first results back... which was about 45 minutes later!  I was starving by the time I got out of there!  What got me through it was the promise of a yummy deli sandwich at the cafe right outside.  IT WAS CLOSED!  The next nearest food was a In and Out.  Sounded perfect!  But it was lunchtime and the place was a zoo.. 30 minutes later I had my burger in hand. So by 1:45 my body was happy again.

The view I had while sitting at the hospital for 4 hours.
 After Ty left for his second job today HQ and I went down for a much needed nap.  All that sitting around and wishing I could eat and sit really wore me out.. Izzy entertained herself by working on her new beads she got for Christmas.  They have letters on them so she had a blast making them spell different words.

Tonight HQ was in a VERY playful mood.  She walked around in Izzy's tiara, she talked to the pasta she had for dinner (and it sounded like she had the pasta talk back to her), and then she pulled out all our straws and set them in the grout of the tile and just walked away.  My little creative weirdo.  
HQ.. she is diaperless but wearing her sister's tiara.
Izzy called her "Little Princess No Pants"


HQ using the vacuum she got for Christmas.
I thought it was cute that she headed straight for the tree.  The spot I have vacuum every day.

HQ and Ty playing with her giant stuffed penguin. 
It's late!  Sorry to end so abruptly but I just realized how very tired I am! Good Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment