Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Day Off

Oh! One thing I forgot to add in yesterday's blog.  While we were at Ty's mom's house she told us that she had taken Izzy and her cousin to the $.99 store, given them each a $6 budget for their parents ($3 per mom and $3 per dad) and set them free to pick out whatever they wanted to get us.  What an adorable idea!  For me Izzy had picked out a little bouquet of pink fake flowers (I like flowers), a pack of stretchy headbands (I do like headbands), and a giant plastic candy cane.  I think the candy cane was pick more with herself in mind.. :)  For Ty she had picked out a set of blue ornaments (because his favorite color is blue), a naughty/nice santa hat, and a stapler (he actually needed a stapler!).  It made me sad that she wasn't there to give them to us herself, but I knew she put a lot of love into those gifts!  We put the pink bouquet she gave me in a vase.  I wonder if she will notice it when she gets home on Tuesday.

It was so nice being able to be (mostly) lazy with Ty and HQ today.  We slept in as long as we could.  HQ woke up bummed that her sister wasn't there.  If HQ wakes up without Izzy she really lets us know that she isn't happy about it!  Shortly after waking up HQ mellowed and then went into little crazy person mode.  She giggled and played like never before.  Perhaps it was some of that Christmas sugar catching up with her.  It is amazing to see her develop into a little toddler.   :)

We started to get our home back in shape today.  We have a ton of stuff all over the place.  Toys, decorations, clothes, books, etc.  But I also didn't want Ty to work too much today (the guy does enough already!!).  It's just hard because there are also many things I can't do now being as round/pregnant as I am.  I feel like such a lazy mooch...  We did also test out the new Donkey Kong game for the Wii we got.  So far we are enjoying it.

Tonight we went to see Ty's dad's side of the family.  We haven't seen them since this same time last year.  It's a shame, because I do enjoy his family and they all seem to like us.  We had some delicious food (mexican. Yum!) but HQ found the stairs pretty quick and gave us a good work out trying to keep up with her.  Once she found a little stuffed Elmo she was pretty content.  She started to poop out pretty quick (her bedtime is 7:30) so we left around that time.  Poor Ty also has work at 4:15am tomorrow.  Yuck!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment