Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bye Bye Yai Yai!

Today did not start off too well.  I got a text from my mother early this morning that Sofie (our 14 year old toy pomeranian) died in her sleep last night.  She has been in our family for nearly 14 years too.  It wasn't too huge of a shock, she has had heart problems and has become really high maintenance lately (needed more help to make it out to go potty.. etc), but you're still never ready for it! She was always a guest favorite (she's tiny and hyper, people like that I guess) and very noisy.  She seemed as though she was trying to be the guard dog.  Even back when we had our rottweiler she would bully him around.  My baby sister, Shannon, who is now 14 called her "Yai Yai" as a baby and that has since become one of Sofie's nicknames.

Sofie (Yai Yai)
Izzy and HQ were still at my parents' when she died, but fortunately my mom was up first and found Sofie in bed.   It would not have taken Izzy long to notice that Sofie was gone so my mom made sure she told her the truth.  Izzy was very sad, but also had many questions about it and then death in general.  "How?", "Did it hurt Sofie?","Why do our bodies stay here?", "Is Sofie in Heaven?" etc.  The girls were brought home and were very happy to be back.  I missed my beautiful little monsters (they like that nickname!).

Pointing to the tree and saying, "Good Girl?"

Playing "Hide and Seek"
As you can see... HQ isn't very good at it yet.

By dinner time I was completely drained of energy and composure.  I had a lot on my plate today.  SD then texted me and offered to switch our Christmas times around.  He said they really had no plans and if Izzy would be more excited here then it was fine with him.  It was originally he would get her noon Christmas eve to noon Christmas day and we would get noon Christmas day to noon Sunday.  I asked Izzy what she wanted to do and she screamed, "I WANT TO SLEEP AND BE HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!"  (Like I said they don't celebrate it, so she really wanted to be here for it).  Is does mean that she will miss Christmas dinner/night with G&G Orpi and her little cousins on Ty's side which is still a bummer, but it is still more exciting for her to wake up Christmas morning with her little sister at home.  What a great gift!

Tonight Izzy and I started to watch the documentary "Babies" which was recommended by some friends of ours.  So far, we LOVE it.  I do have to warn you that it may be surprising or yucky to watch for a little kid who has never witness nursing before (Izzy has) and some parts are quite a culture shock for Izzy, but she is really enjoying it and finds it rather cute.  

Ty still has a little ways to go until he gets off work tonight.  At least tomorrow he has a 3 hour long break between jobs and then only works in the morning on Friday.  I am really looking forward to some time with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment