Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stinky Season

  Ty got one hour to spend with his kids today, but was so exhausted he fell asleep while playing
with HQ.  She didn't mind.  She just lay down right next to him for a good 20 minutes.  When he woke up she got
up excitedly.  She was disappointed when she realized he got up only to leave again!
He worked 4am to noon and then 2pm to 10pm

Little Gym day!  Today's theme was bowling.  I thought Izzy would be excited about that since she loves bowling.  But no.  She says, "I already know how to bowl.  Why can't we do swimming or something?"  Her logic was flawed.. she already knows how to swim too, but if you have ever been to The Little Gym you know they don't have a pool.  When I reminded her of that she responds with, "I know, but they can still teach us how to swim".  An image of little kids lying on the floor wiggling around practicing swimming strokes popped in my head and it made me giggle.  

Wow! She's sharing! :D

"Wait... bring it back..."

I'm not sure what was going on here that help with their bowling skills, but the kids
enjoyed it!

Today was a bit rough.  I think the two jobs are taking a toll on us already.  It's been what? 3 weeks?  But we have a lot of pressure on us right now.  We have to figure out how to afford two cars.  The only car we can use right now is my parents (and once Peanut is born the 3 kids wont fit in that car anymore) since mine was totaled in the accident and Ty's has turned into a money pit.  Of the many things wrong with it, the power steering went out again and I can't even drive it if it did work since the front seat is broken so I can't reach the pedals... (they want $1200 just to fix the seat!).  And we are trying to get out of debt.  Right before I found out I was pregnant with Peanut I had applied for a part time job that paid well.  Many things happened all at once (Ty's work schedule changed, found out I was pregnant, his car started to crap out, etc) and Ty and I realized I wasn't going to be able to work out of the house without paying for a sitter or daycare.  It just would not have been worth it.  With the economy the way it is Ty can't find a single job that we can live off of (he's been looking and applying for 2 years) so two jobs it is.

Ty does his best to remind me that this is only for a season in our lives, but it still really stinks.  Tonight we planned that the girls and I would walk down to his work and bring him dinner.  That way we would get to see him and he could eat some freshly prepared food.  His job switched his dinner time to half an hour earlier last minute so we didn't have time to walk it down to him before he had to clock back in.  This meant he would have gone without dinner... That actually made me cry!

OK... Topic Change... tonight as I rocked HQ before putting her in bed Peanut was kicking like crazy.  I think HQ was able to feel it because she kept eyeballing my round tummy every time he let out a super kick.  I told her, "That's your little brother in there.  I think he's trying to say 'hi'".  She smiled at me like I was a crazy person and patted my belly as though she were humoring me.  I wonder what goes through that beautiful little head of hers.

I discovered this in our freezer tonight.  Izzy and I had a scoop once HQ went to bed.
It was delicious!  I wonder if Ty was trying to hide it from us...
After our ice cream Izzy and I played a round of Mario Party.  She thought it was the perfect way to end tonight (especially since she and I were on a team and we won).  I tucked her into bed and during her bedtime prayers she was thankful for her family, sleep, friends, and Trader Joe's ice cream.  

Ty should be home soon.  At least he should get to sleep in until 7 tomorrow.  Gosh, he slays some serious dragons for us!  There aren't too many people who are willing to work as hard as he does anymore.  I know I am a very lucky lady, but I miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment