Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lame Gifts

Today was a nice change.  Ty had the afternoon off and we were able to spend the rest of the day together.  HQ was ecstatic that he was home for her to play with.  Outside of Izzy, Daddy is her favorite "toy"!

After much thought HQ decided she would change things up and throw Mrs. Gingerman on the floor and
shove Mr. Gingerman's head into the couch cushion... 

Playing peek a boo!
(The game of the day)
Enough Peek-a-Boo! Let's make some labels! 
We realized that today would be the last chance to get the stocking stuffers for the girls without having Izzy around (unless we wanted to go Christmas eve night... ) so we planned on going to Target today.  The tradition in my family growing up was that our stockings were filled with things like new toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, and some candy.   So.. I brought dental hygiene to our kids' stockings. Ty grew up getting the mini cereals from Santa, so that's a tradition he is passing down.  A new one for us is that every year the only gifts Ty and I get for each other are what gets put into our stockings.  Last year Ty filled mine with Japanese candies, a new ducky (I LOVE duckies!), and a box of condoms... a lot of good those did us!  :) I made him a card, got his favorite See's candies, and pair of ipod headphones.   I am still debating what to do for him this year and Christmas is a week away!
 
On our way out for some stocking stuffers.  We hear HQ strike up a conversation with her mermaid pal.

Playing Peek-a-Boo in the car with her big sister's rain jacket. 

Pasta sauce face!
She's looking at Daddy who is eating some of her pasta..
 Izzy has been BEGGING for me to "switch days" so she can be with us on Christmas Eve.  But she will be with SD this year.  Like I have complained and blogged about before.. they don't celebrate Christmas.  She loves him and his family, but she would much rather be with us for holiday celebrations... they don't really celebrate anything other than Persian New Year.  Plus on this side she has 3 large families who have little kids for her to play with at Holiday celebrations.  Also, when his family does buy her gifts, they don't let her keep them.  They do. So technically they are gift she gets to play with 6 days a month...  So she is always bummed about that too.  I totally understand wanting to have special things that are just at Dad's or Grandma's.  That's part of what makes them fun, but to buy a kid gifts and say they can't keep any of them is... lame to say the least.

A text I received from my parents.  Izzy opened her "Christmas Eve gift" early since she wont be with us this year.
She got a new ballet leotard and the little stuffed Santa.  My mom said she wanted to wear her dance outfit to bed.
Izzy ended up spending another night at my parents'.  She wanted to go with them to their church tomorrow since her best friend goes there.  My mom said Izzy loved The Nutcracker, but was confused at first because there was no talking.  When it was over she told my mom it was beautiful.  I can't wait to see her tomorrow so she can tell me all about it! 

Well, time to finish sewing up a gift.  Ty got me some red vines (my favorite sewing snack!) so I am good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment