Friday, December 17, 2010

Mopping and Breakfast

Today was really nice.  I had a nice texting "conversation" with a dear friend, plus! Ty only worked one job, so he had the afternoon off.  The girls loved having him home too.  We just stayed home and relaxed for the most part.  Izzy is on the final book of box 2 in the Hooked on Phonics Series and is so proud of her self.  She knows her consonant clusters well and is able to read a good amount!  She also LOVES books and loves to read.  Not too shabby for a girl who just turned 5! 

Happy as a clam in her toy box!
 Earlier in the day we did a few chores around the house... normally floor mopping day is Tuesday, but it was such a sick/tired week for me it went undone until today.  Izzy asked if she could do the swiffering and even wanted to do some of the "rough scrubbing".

She loves to swiffer!
Around 5pm Ty's dad stopped by for a quick visit, which was nice.  He works a lot, so we don't often see him.  HQ was so captivated by him she actually quit eating the avocado she was working on just to stare at him.  Normally nothing comes between HQ and her food!  The resemblance between Ty, his dad, and HQ is quite remarkable and I never really noticed it until today.  It makes me all the more curious to see what Peanut is going to look like.  We already know he has Ty's feet!

We had decided to do breakfast for dinner.  Izzy thought it was a great idea!  The girls wanted scrambled eggs, toast, and blueberries.  I wanted french toast and Ty had it all with bacon.  Feeling absolutely stuffed I now regret my carby decision.  After dinner my dad came to pick up Izzy.  She is spending the night with my parents and tomorrow she is going out to lunch at her favorite restaurant, Ruby's, and then off to see "The Nutcracker" with my mom at their local theatre. She is very excited about it and feels very grown up.  My mom lucked out and got the last two tickets available!  Izzy loves dance (watching and doing) and can't wait until February when she gets to start it back up again.

2 gifts hand made by Izzy!
Tonight Izzy had decided she needed to make a couple more gifts.  She was worried some people
my get their feeling hurt if she didn't make them one. 
I look forward to tomorrow.  A co-worker had asked Ty if he would be willing to trade shifts with her so he got the afternoon off again and works Sunday morning instead.  He loses his one day off, but he would much rather work two days 8 hours a day that 1 16 hour day.  I look forward to that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment