Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lonely BoB

Today was spent primarily by myself.  The girls were with my mom and Ty worked both jobs today.  Peanut constantly reminded me that I wasn't completely lacking of human companionship!  He kicked me like crazy today.  Ty came home for about an hour and a half and we tried to find the movie Surfs Up and a giant stuffed penguin for HQ.  The penguin has been found, but we still haven't found the movie.  Ty is going to give it one more try tomorrow, then we just give up.

We were blessed again by a generous friend today!  She gave us a few brand new outfits and a puzzle for HQ.  She was given a surplus of goodies for her little girl who is HQ's age and decided to give us the surplus.  YAY!  About a month ago another friend had given us a bunch of really nice little boy hand me downs for Peanut.  Lucky kids!

My doctor's appointment was cancelled, so worrying about how to get there became a non-issue (another blessing?) I ended up spending the rest of the day sewing.  I really enjoy my new "workspace"!  It faces a large window, so I was able to watch and hear the rain while I sewed.  An ideal situation for me!

HQ's fabric!
After dinner I started to really miss my family.  When you are used to as much noise going on as I am you start to miss it pretty quick.  No sounds of HQ waddling down the hallway, no Izzy chatter, and no Ty asking me "what's for dinner?" or "who took all the movies out and threw them all over the living room? HQ?!".  All music to my ears! 

I had a good conversation with my brother tonight, but it's so interesting how two people can grow up in the same house and have had completely different lives while living under that same roof.  My dad has always told me that his biggest regret for me growing up was that I had "too much life experience too young" and I would agree with that.  My brother's biggest complaint was that he had almost none.. and I would agree with that too.  He is only a year older than me... So odd!

Ty should be home any minute and the girls come home in the morning.  I look forward to both! 




No comments:

Post a Comment