Saturday, December 4, 2010

Smells Like Christmas!

Day number 3 of being super exhausted!  I hope I get some energy back soon.  I am getting way behind on my household chores and sewing projects.  

We picked out our Christmas tree last night.  Izzy also asked if we could also get a little one.  After being fooled by a rosemary tree (we excitedly thought it was a mini Christmas tree) we ended up picking out a 3 foot tall artificial tree.  It was surprisingly cheap and quite cute (I'm not usually a fan of artificial trees... there is no yummy smell and in my opinion, no character!).  

Our stockings and our "Gingermans"  (called that since Izzy was two.  The Gingerbread Man was her favorite book).
HQ feels the Gingermans belong on the floor and will put them there every time she notices they are back on the couch.

Our tree and a distracted Izzy.
HQ loves pointing out each ornament and saying "goo girl!" to them. 

Enjoying her grilled salmon cheese "sammich".
I know my pictures are poor.  We no longer have a real camera.  Which really stinks when you have little ones! 
Ty's mom offered to take Izzy and her cousin to see "Tangled" and out for dinner today.  Of course Izzy jumped at the chance!  She loves his mom and her cousin.  I had also hoped I could use this time to rest and then catch up on my work.  HQ decided it was the perfect time to do the exact opposite!  She had decided her nap wasn't necessary so there went my rest.  She then decided the living room needed to be further decorated with her toys and began pulling the toys out of her bedroom and sprinkling them around the living room.  I love our little mess maker :)

Off the topic... BUT I want this book for Christmas! 
Ty should be getting home in a little over half an hour and I know he's just as tired if not more than I am.  Unfortunately he has to be back at work about 7 hours after he gets home tonight and then doesn't get off until 10pm tomorrow night.  Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment