Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Heavy Rain

I love how the weather has been lately!  Nice heavy rain.  We needed it too.  I think many people that live in our area forget that the rain is essential... We are quite grateful for it!

This morning I did some more sewing (took out a nice chunk of my thumb!) and tidied up around the place.  Izzy loved helping me sew and all the while repeatedly said she hopes she get her own sewing machine for Christmas.  Yay!  When she and I were ready to re-energize with some food she asked for corn on the cob.  I was quite surprised by that request! But we cooked some up. 

When Ty got home from work we headed out to my parents' to drop off Izzy while we finished up our Christmas shopping and ran a few errands.  In the middle of our errands we remembered that I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I really didn't want to take the girls with me.  Since Ty works both jobs tomorrow we decided that perhaps having the girls stay the night with Grandma again would be a good idea.  Izzy agreed.  Especially since her little sister was there this time.  Figuring out how to get there without a car is job two.

Woohoo Rain!
We got to see a couple sets of friends tonight.  We went to drop a table off for one friend and ended up staying to chat for a bit (Evie's mom, dad, and some of his family).  Ty also got to see someone he hadn't seen in a long time and they were both excited to see each other.  It was rather cute.  Also, I have had an on again off again struggle with the music I listen to for the past.. oh.. 12 years!  So they lent us a few (ok.. A LOT) of CD's for me to familiarize myself with.  Those paired with the CD's I was made for Christmas should definitely point me in the right direction! 

We then left to see our other friends for dinner and some conversation.  As usual we enjoyed ourselves.  However, we tried our hardest to scare them off with Ty's VERY anti-uber pet parent beliefs (I'm talking crazy people pet parents... long story, but it's his!), they also got to witness my "baby brain" as I had completely blocked my husband out at one point,  but for some reason they still seem to like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment