Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Glucose and Midwives

So today was exciting.. I didn't get to eat at all until almost noon!  I had to go in for my glucose screening today.  Normally you do your test first thing in the morning but we couldn't locate the necessary paperwork.  When I had received my paperwork for the screening a few weeks ago I had immediately posted it on the fridge.  If papers lie around, Izzy feels they are fair game for coloring/painting/stickering.  However Ty thought the fridge looked too cluttered with the doctor's orders on it and moved it... so that meant we spent the morning looking for the elusive papers.

After the test I had a nice big turkey sandwich!!  The first couple of bites seemed so heavenly.  When you think you are dying of starvation I guess that's just how your mind works.  I could have been eating onion flavored ice cream and thought it was amazing.

We went back home and played some more WoW together (we are such nerds) before meeting with the midwife.  We LOVED her.  Being talked to like a couple having a baby rather than a person who needs to have something removed was really refreshing!  We have some finances/insurance to figure out, but we are going to make it work.  We were so disgusted with how our hospital treated me and Peanut after the car accident there is no way we want to have our baby there.  Also after having the yucky birthing experience we did with HQ... we are done with hospitals!  Well, we were done before then, but we didn't have a choice since I was considered high risk with HQ.  I also recommend watching "The Business of Being Born".  If you have Netflix it's even on instant watch.  And no, it's not gross.


After the midwife it was back to more games and relaxing at home with Ty.  He works all day starting at 4am tomorrow...  His cold has dramatically improved, but he still isn't 100%.  I pray he doesn't relapse!  The girls are also being dropped off in the morning.  I look forward to seeing their beautiful fun little faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment