Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We're Fancy

For some reason I can't post pictures.  I keep getting a "server is rejecting" message.  That stinks.

Well, today was fairly uneventful.  My cold is only a head cold now, which is better.  No body aches/tiredness so that was nice! Ty took the girls to the grocery store this morning and Izzy made sure she dressed properly for it.  Today's theme was Little Red Riding Hood, so Izzy went in to change and came out in a flash dressed in a pair of jeans, a neon pink and orange top, her red cape, and her sparkly orange tutu.  Before heading out the door she completed her ensemble with her hot pink rain boots.

Izzy keeps telling me that she can't wait until I can dress "fancy" again.  She went through my closet and pulled out my red and black salsa dress (I doubt I could pull it over my knees now!) and my strappy black heels and said, "When Peanut's not in your tummy anymore and it's little again, you can wear these to Chuck E Cheese and I can do your make up!! You'll look so fancy!"  She then found Ty's dress shoes and said, "Dad can wear these!  You probably have to make me a new dress.... OH I KNOW!  I CAN BE BELLE! Yeah, and HQ can wear a fancy dress too!"  She was absolutely giddy about the whole thing.  When I asked her what Peanut would wear she said, "Hmmmm.... He can be Prince Philip!! (from Sleeping Beauty)"

After Ty left for work we still took it easy.  We did some light cleaning and cooking.  We head to my parents' tomorrow where we will spend the night and then enjoy Thanksgiving there.  My mom texted me earlier that she and my sister have decorated it extra special this year so Izzy will love it.  Next year we wont have Izzy on Thanksgiving (it will be the first time!!).  Her dad and I usually just shared the day, but with the new custody thing I get her in even years while he gets her in odd.  His family doesn't even like America or really celebrate the holiday, so yes, it does bother me that he demands her on that day, Easter, and Christmas (all days they don't care about or even celebrate)... bleh... enough of that!

Well, Ty should be home any minute.  I am sure he is going to want to go straight to bed since he has to be at his other job in seven hours : /

No comments:

Post a Comment