Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lunch in This Box

Another warm day... yuck.  Ty hooked up our AC again, so it wasn't so bad for us.  The first tomato had fallen from our tomato plant today.  It was big news at out place!  Izzy didn't want the tomato to be eaten, she wanted to save "him".  We advised her against it, so Ty ate him and said he was "ok".

We went to the library to pick out some books on perseverance (part of our theme this week) for Izzy today.  We got The Little Engine That Could,  Katy and the Big Snow, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, The Hare and the Tortoise, and a couple other non related books Izzy wanted to check out.  I really love our library.

At the library, Izzy teaches HQ how to use the toys properly.

HQ enjoys her lunch... in this box. 
Ty had work again today, so the girls and I got ready to head to The Little Gym for Izzy's class.  For the first time today I had to tell her to change her outfit.  She wanted to wear a princess dress that restricts her from running.  I personally don't believe forcing my young kids to dress "normal".  I don't see the harm in letting Izzy dress like a bride to head to the grocery store or like a mermaid before going to the library.  I have had quite a few people ask me if I would be willing to bribe her to wear something else.  I'm not embarrassed by my little weirdos,  as long as she isn't going to catch a cold in it why squash that creativity?
"MOM! I picked out the best outfit for the gym!  I'm going to be so fast in this! Take a picture!!!"
She calls this shirt her exercise shirt.

I love when they get lost in playing together. 
On the way home from The Little Gym HQ got into a conversation with her toes.
 After HQ went to sleep Izzy wanted to play some games.  She asked to play 'Match It! Time' followed by Pretty Pretty Princess.  So far she's a good winner and loser.  I am usually horribly competitive and often a bad winner or loser no matter what the game is... I am glad she didn't get that from me!

Only my kid would want to play "Let's learn how to tell time" voluntarily.
Izzy has "school" tomorrow, so she was ready and excited to go to bed.  "I need to have lots of sleep before I see my friends tomorrow.  I don't want to be tired or grumpy when I see them!" 

Oooh! Ty should be home any minute!!! :D AH!  I look awful! Something needs to be done NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment