Monday, November 22, 2010

Mom's Got the Bad Bugs

HQ is in bed, Izzy is playing Wii baseball, and Ty is at work.  My body feels so heavy right now I hope sleep will be with me soon too.  Last night I felt I was getting sick and after a rough night of sleep I woke up with a full blown cold.  I'm pretty sure I'll make it through, but it just figures it would happen durning Thanksgiving week and when Ty is starting his second job!  

Most of the day Izzy did her best to let me rest.  It was pretty cute, but being only five and having a baby sister makes that a hard task!  Izzy knows how the "bad bugs" work so she made sure she brought me vitamins and plenty of water throughout the day.  She even picked out one of her favorite movies to watch with me so I could rest while HQ took her nap.  

Eating Izzy's penguin.
 We pretty much ran out of groceries today, and since Ty had the car and we had no money meant getting creative with food.  I had a bowl of oatmeal for every meal (I'm sure my blood and heart are happy!) so the girls could have some variety.  I don't think HQ would have minded having oatmeal all three meals too now I think about it...

Being lazy and piggy, the girls spent the majority of the day in their jammies... 

While the girls took their bath tonight I heard Izzy explaining to HQ how people get sick and how they get better.  She was actually fairly accurate!  I even heard Izzy say, "Lets put some of this soap on you so hopefully we can kill any of the sick bacterias that got on you.  You wont like getting sick".  However with all the splashing I heard HQ doing I don't think much of it sunk in... 

Ty is still at work.  He seems to be going strong today.  He still looks forward to going into Starbucks and Trader Joes.  I'm so proud of him!   He's done the whole having two jobs before right after HQ was born and he did awesome with that too.  :) I am always impressed with how he can rise to the occasion and do the stuff others wont or don't want to do.    

Hopefully a good nights sleep will do wonders on me tonight so I can have more energy and less of a cold tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment