Monday, November 1, 2010

Hot Pink Rain Boots

This morning Ty let me sleep in while he took care of the girls.  I didn't wake up until 9am!  When I got up the place was a mess and my family was gone.  I vaguely remembered Ty telling me that he was taking the girls to the store with him.  I made myself a bowl of oatmeal and then noticed a little person in aqua colored jammies running outside our window.  They were home!  Both girls were still in their jammies. 

Izzy had a bunch of letters and birthday cards left to open.  She had gotten a little cash and some gift certificates.  We thought it would be fun to take her to go pick out a gift from one of the stores.  She decided she wanted some "fancy shoes".  On our way out we noticed there was a package waiting for Izzy.  It was Pretty Pretty Princess the Sleeping Beauty Edition from my cousin.  It was extra funny since she was also dressed as Sleeping Beauty today.  "WOW Mom!!!! How did she know I needed this?!" 

Izzy picked out a pair of shiny red flats and some hot pink rain boots.  We got HQ a new pair of shoes as well.  As we passed by the fast food Izzy started to mention that she was "SO hungry".  I don't think she thought she could make it home... Somehow she made it and I heated up some left overs for lunch.  Izzy exclaimed it was the best meal she ever had! 

Ty left for work and Izzy and I got started on her homework.  We are studying turtles and perseverance this week. 

HQ watching her big sister who is outside checking on our plants. 

Homework is very serious business.
Ty came home for dinner and tonight was the first night in a long time we actually sat at the table and ate dinner together.  Lately my sewing machine has been sitting at the table and previous to that I just made food as people got hungry since I was so tired and it just seemed like too much work to do it all at once.  We have actually only had a table to sit at for the last 10 months.  It was sooo nice.  Izzy helped set the table and HQ smeared her spinach all over it.  Sitting down like a family was so ridiculously refreshing and enjoyable.  Ty and Izzy enjoyed it a lot as well.
After HQ went to bed Izzy and I opened up her new game and had some Trader Joe's Pumpkin Ice Cream.
Soo delicious!

She won.  She is doing this face as a tribute to a friend.
Roxanne, this is for you. 
Time to put Izzy to bed and figure out what this big pile of clothes sitting here is.

No comments:

Post a Comment