Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fishing for Boots

We were lazy until around noon today.  Someone had given us a double stroller and child's table and chairs.  It looks so cute in the girl's room!  It's even blue to go with the underwater theme we have going on in there.  Izzy put it to use right away while HQ made sure the chair were stable by climbing on them,

Watching "Monsters"  (Sesame Street Monster Hits) on her favorite box.

Izzy later turned the box into  "slide".
After the stroller and table was dropped off I got a call from Ty's mom seeing if we'd like to meet her for lunch today.  Izzy is always excited to see Grandma Orpi!  We also learned that Marie Callendar's has free kids' meals on Tuesday and Saturday.  That even includes dessert for them!

Izzy, not eating the way a princess ought...

HQ picking the apples out of her apple pie.
After lunch we headed to Toys R Us to get a birthday gift for the girl's little cousin who is turning one!  Almost immediately Izzy had a gift pick out.  It was pretty cute.  Izzy picked out a toy that she had when she was little and figured her cousin would like it as much as she did.

Ty and HQ waiting outside of Toys R Us!

While we were there Izzy asked if she could get something.  I told her that since we had purchased the fabric she wanted yesterday we weren't buying her something today.  Grandma Orpi said Izzy could pick out a gift for herself for under $10.  Izzy picked out a $9.98 hot pink princess fishing rod... YES, a real fishing rod.  She has never been fishing, and I don't know that we plan on doing it anytime soon!  But when we got home she had a fun time attaching the rod to various items around the house.  She mostly attached it to one of her rain boots.

This evening Ty and I headed to the first part of a two parter "Old Fashioned Christmas" party.  I didn't know everyone, but really enjoyed myself.  Most of the guests were people Ty has known since high school, and I know he LOVED seeing everyone there.  We played Buchas Buchas Golly (I don't know the spelling and even tried to google it and it came up with nothing!) and Cranium.

We get the girls back tomorrow.  It's odd because HQ is with my parents while Izzy is with Ty's mom and stepdad.  She doesn't get to see them quite as often as she sees mine, so she jumped at the chance to spend the night there. I get to go get Izzy in the morning while Ty and I will head to my parents to get HQ in the afternoon.  I do look forward to sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment