Thursday, November 18, 2010

Are You Drunk?!

I just put Izzy to bed.  Nearly 20 minutes past her bedtime and she has school in the morning!  We were just having too much fun playing a game that I had lost track of time... what a terrible mother.

Today was a bit of a heavy question day from Izzy.  I'm a huge believer in telling your child the truth.  Perhaps not the whole story at a given time, but everyone should know their own child well enough to know what they can handle and at what age.  She asked, "What's drunk mean?".  The question "Are you drunk?" comes up in The Chipmunk Adventure, so it was only a matter of time before she asked what it meant.  I told her that the word "drunk" is usually used for when people drink so much alcohol they act strange, they can talk funny, they feel dizzy, it's bad for their liver (insert liver explanation here... she is so interested in the human body!) and it can be very dangerous if they want to drive.  She said, "Beer has alcohol in it and Dad drinks beer.  Does he get drunk cause that's dangerous!" I explained to her that when people drink too much beer they are considered drunk.  Dad has one or two.  He doesn't get drunk...  She was satisfied with my answer and then said, "I hope I don't ever get drunk.  Beer smells gross and I don't want to be too dangerous or hurt my poor liver."

Izzy showing off our new entertainment unit.
We had found the bookcases on craigslist for less than half the retail price! We then received the actual stand the TV is on as an early Christmas gift from Grandma.  We hope to get the last piece (which is adding shelves that go between the bookcases, but over the TV) eventually!

Today Izzy also asked about money.  "Mom? Are we rich?"  "No."  "Then are we poor?"  I told her there were people with a lot more than us, but also people with a less.  She then smiled and said, "Mom, your tricking me.  We're rich.  I have a bunch of diamonds and some people only have a little bit!"  I had to laugh, who can argue with logic like that? 

 Izzy asked me why SD (her blood father) doesn't ever come over to play.  I told her that he works a lot, and when he isn't working he would rather play with his friends than at our house... I guess I didn't think that through too well because she immediately asked, "Are his friends more fun than me?".  I said "No! He gets to see you and play with you for 3 nights every other week.  That's a lot, he loves playing with you the most." To which she replied, "Yeah, I'm pretty fun.  Am I the most fun kid you know?".
Izzy with the DS and HQ with her water.  She was upset she couldn't play with the DS too.

HQ was alone in her room for 2 minutes and this is what it looked like...

Admiring her sister's art.
 Soon after Ty left for work we left for the The Little Gym.  Izzy had a new teacher today who I like even better than her previous one.  The kids are still learning football and I can totally see an improvement in Izzy's ability to catch and throw.  However, walking straight is still an issue...

HQ and her gym buddy, Marcus.

Watching her sister from the other side of the door, HQ wants in!
Well, tomorrow is a school day for Izzy and Ty has his second interview for Starbucks.  The dishes are washed, the carpet is vacuumed, and I am going to enjoy a nice bath by myself before Ty gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment