Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Peanut Update

I haven't been blogging lately since my days are all a little mushed together with naps, walks, and trying all sorts of natural induction methods. But alas! We are still not holding our little man in our arms.

After seemingly making some great progress we are stuck at a little over 6cm dilated and Peanut bounced back up to -3 station. I was told this was common with women who have been pregnant before. The muscles used to hold baby down are just weaker and since I have been pregnant 3 times in a little over two years my muscles are definitely weak! So I have been strapped into a special super deluxe heavy duty belly band (which makes me look awful) meant to help do the job my muscles are not. We were also told that with how far dilated I am my labor should be real quick which is awesome news, but Ty and I are a little on edge, a little impatient, and I am pretty pooped (it's still hard to sleep being all fat and impatient).

I have had quite a few people say, "Why don't you just induce now?". Because we don't want to! Unnatural induction usually leads to many other unnatural "interventions" that we don't want. I have also had people say, "I've read 'blank' on the internet.." or "well my mom (or whoever) said/did this, are you sure you're doing it right?" Um, the internet and people say a lot of things and birth is not a cookie cutter process...

In other words: Baby is not here yet, my body is still making progress, and people keep judging and offering advice we don't need. Izzy is just as impatient as we are and HQ still doesn't seem to care either way. We are still very curious how HQ will deal with having a little baby brother steal some of her attention.

Oh man do I want pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment