Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting Back to the New Normal

These last two days have been us trying to get back to our new normal. In other words learning how our new family member works. He wakes every 3-4 hours at night right now and that will just be what it is. We have no control over when he chooses to eat or sleep at this age so we'll just embrace the fact that he doesn't wake every 1-2 hours likes some babies. So far he is a much easier baby than HQ was. 

HQ still loves looking at and petting her brother. Izzy loves acting like a second mommy to him, but we can see glimpses of envy in both of them. HQ's is mostly due to the fact that I haven't been able to hold her (new mom's aren't supposed to carry more than the weight of their new born in the first week) but she's also jealous he uses a few of her old items that she would still love to be able to use. Izzy told me yesterday that she wished she were still a baby so that I could cuddle her all the time. After telling her all the reasons why being older were better she agreed and told me how excited she was to watch her little brother grow. 

Hmm.. they both look awkward and uncomfortable.
HQ finally decided she likes headbands... but they have to be worn like this!
Talking to her buddy in a "rocket ship". 
Deep Thinker
:D
Izzy telling HQ the difference between boys and girls... 
Oh my ham!
Upset that Locke is in "her" swing.
"My beautiful heart looks like a butt now!"
I have lost 18.5lbs in the last week. Woohoo! Losing all that water weight sure makes you feel great! Well, minus all the sweating. I still have 24 more pounds to go until I lose what I gained with him. Then I still have to lose the other half of what I gained with HQ that I wasn't able to lose before getting pregnant with Locke... fortunately I have a few friends willing to help me get back into shape when I get the green light to work out again!

Well, Locke just went back down, and now it's my turn to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment