Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Veggies

My cute lazy little guy
We love St. Patrick's Day in our home. Last names don't get much more Irish than my maiden name. Every year we make a Grasshopper Fudge Cake (for the quick and yummy recipe we used this year click here) and slow cook a Corned Beef Brisket. However since I am sans car we did without the brisket for tonight and will be heading to my parents tomorrow for a St. Patties Day dinner.
Exhausted Siblings
 I was so happy that I had time today for each of the girls separately. HQ just wanted to snuggle and snuggle for a long time! I was glad that for the first time in two weeks she was the one to get up from snuggling first.
As I fed Locke, HQ got herself into the apple sauce.
Izzy is trying to clean her up in this picture.
 
Izzy and I did chores and played a board game together. She loves to help out, so it's great bonding time for us. Between baking, vacuuming, picking up toys, and doing dishes Izzy was quite proud of all the things we accomplished around the house. She then said, "Boy, being a mom and a big sister sure is lots of work!" Izzy also made sure we only served green veggies with dinner tonight to be more festive since we weren't having our "Irish people's dinner".

Making the green cake batter for our swirls. 

"Oh Mom, it looks so cool!"
Ty has tomorrow off and it's normally a school day, but we don't have a car to take Izzy there so a lazy morning at home it is! Time to get little Locke to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment