Friday, March 25, 2011

Babies are Safe in Backpacks

Just another day at home with me and the kids. Izzy has become a real pro at her homework. This week was dinosaur week, so we learned about dinosaurs! She loved it and was quite surprised to learn that most dinosaurs were more than likely vegetarians. She also told me and HQ a few times that she's rather not ever run into a t-rex.
HQ decided to reclaim her old car seat.
I spent more time working on the girls room today. Trying to de-clutter I picked up a stuffed dalmatian toy that I have never seen Izzy play with before, and in fact never seen it move from their room. I couldn't even remember where we got the thing. I asked Izzy if it were OK if we donated him. She immediately looked offended and said, "But Mom, he's special to me. The fireman gave him to me after we got into the yucky car accident in our blue car. It reminds me of when the angels protected all of us. Even my little brother." I was stunned! I felt terrible. Needless to say, she is keeping the dalmatian!

Izzy's backpack is full of babies.

After spending some time on their room we took a break. My break consisted of feeding Locke while Izzy's consisted of stuffing bags full of her dolls and stuff animals (her babies) and carrying them around the house. She told me they were safest and warmest in her backpack.

:D
HQ seemed completely back to her old self today. She played like normal and didn't complain while I fed her brother. She managed to find other thing to do during that time. She hugged and kissed him more today too. I guess she finally realized he's here to stay and I am so happy she seems OK with that!

Eating Elmo

No comments:

Post a Comment