Friday, March 11, 2011

"Recovering" the First 2 Days

Recovering has been so much easier this time around! My body isn't getting rid of any medications so I have had no grogginess, backaches, or headaches. I was able to get up and walk around about an hour after he was born. Not being in the hospital meant I was able to sleep in my own comfortable bed and it also meant Peanut got his initial rest. A normal newborn will sleep for a 4-6 stretch a couple hours after birth if they aren't interrupted, but being in the hospital means mom and baby are constantly being interrupted (and by some of the most random things). But OH MY GOODNESS was that 5 hours he gave us nice. I still didn't sleep much because every noise he made woke me up (I am a ridiculously light sleeper) but Ty was able to take advantage of it. 

The first two days we were without Izzy and HQ. Izzy was at SD's and HQ was with my parents. The first day all Ty's parents came by to see their new grandson. We also had our good friends Bill and Christina come by for a night of sushi. FINALLY! I had been waiting 9 months for sushi and oh, was it ever delicious. However we were all ready for bed pretty darn early.

The following day we had more lovely friends visit bringing gifts of food, flowers, and cute things for the baby. We have some pretty amazing people in our lives. :) 

The next morning Ty took Peanut from me after I fed him.
I found them out in the living room like this :)
I thought this was cute!
I'm crazy about this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment