Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Waiting for Grandpa

Ty woke up for work at 3:30am today, which means I also woke up at 3:30am today.  I wasn't able to get comfortable and fall back asleep until around 6:30 and was awoken by the girls at 7... it's OK sleep is for suckers, right?  I started having contractions around 8:30 this morning that continued all the way until 11.  I freaked out a bit with "NO! WE AREN'T READY!" But obviously they stopped and Peanut is still all snug in mommy's tummy.  But it sure put what still needs to be done into perspective!

The girls pretty much kept each other entertained all day, which was nice.  No movie/video game overdoses today.  Yay!  Izzy and I watched "The Blue Planet: Seas of Life: Open Oceans/The Deep while HQ took her nap today.  It was a fun documentary!  She liked "The Deep" segment better which was about the fish in the deepest parts of the ocean.  You know, the ugly and really creepy looking ones.

Violent Sisters!

2 minutes later...
My dad was supposed to pick up the girls around 5:30 tonight for dinner with my parents and a sleep over.  Ty and I have another midwife appointment tomorrow and we figured it would just be nice to go without them.  Plus, my Aunt decided to stay in town for another week and part of the reason was to hang out with the girls a little longer. :)

Grandpa was and hour and a half late!  So I had two "starving" grumpy little girls to deal with.  I finally gave them the tamales I had prepared for Ty and I for dinner... our floor was shortly covered in chilies (both girls picked all the chilies out).  And Izzy figured strawberries were the perfect side dish for their tamales.  The girls ate the entire basket of strawberries!  My little pigs.  

Waiting for Grandpa

Wondering what's talking Grandpa so long.
The moment they were picked up I relaxed in a warm tub for a good long while and now it's time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment