Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hunter Slash Princess

The girls came home bright and early this morning.  "Starving" as usual.  Ty was already at work when they got here (he left at 4am!), but HQ still searched every room yelling "DADA" just to make sure.   Still, they were both very happy to be home.

HQ plopped herself on our bed and began to cover herself in our pillows.
I felt like I had gained 5 pounds in my belly alone overnight, so today I was a much slower mover.  That meant the girls got a little more TV time than I like...

I'm not much for couch potatoes.. but I thought this was cute.
 Izzy has wanted to be a pilot since she was 3.  Today she announced that she think she would rather be a "hunter slash princess" (yes, she said slash) when she grows up.  She told me that she will hunt ducks and wild pigs.  I asked her about the princess part and she said, "Oh, well they get to wear pretty dresses.  Of course I want to be a princess too".

When I told Izzy she needed to go get dressed for the day she found the pile of "too small for Izzy" clothes (my fault entirely!)... she immediately noticed her princess tankini in the pile and pulled it out to wear.

After her TV time was over Izzy lay on the couch to try to think up something to do.
HQ immediately hopped on her belly to help.

Izzy decides that dragging her little sister around the living room is and enjoyable sport!
It seems HQ may now be down to just one nap a day.  I don't mind it as long as she gets a good nights sleep!  I put her down in the afternoon and had Izzy do her homework.  I believe she will be done with the book she is currently reading tomorrow.  She and I are both very excited about it (one step closer to her prize!).  She blew through all her "helper words" flash cards today and asked if she could do them a second time.  Who's going to say no to that?

Before dinner tonight HQ found her jellies (her plastic glitter shoes) walked over to me with them, set them on my lap and stuck out her foot.  I put her shoes on and she began to dance like the little crazy person she is while staring at her glittery feet.  She then grabbed Izzy's matching pair and handed them to her hoping she would wear hers too.

Ty still has an hour to go at work and we still have to go over our birth plan when he gets home!  We meet with the midwife tomorrow morning and are supposed to go over what we would like for the birth of our son.  Unfortunately we have to bring the kiddos!  Which reminds me, both my mom and Ty's mom (our only two sitters) are going to be unavailable for babysitting for awhile two weeks before he's due.  Let's pray he isn't THAT early or Izzy and HQ will be running around while their little brother is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment