Saturday, February 5, 2011

Messy

It was pretty much just HQ and I all day.  She cried when Ty left for work and gazed longingly out the window for his return, the only thing that can distract her from her lack of Dad is food (she is his daughter after all).   I made some oatmeal for us this morning and the little bubbles formed a heart.  I teared up thinking how excited that would make Izzy.  I then scolded myself for being so easily taken over by my preggo hormones! 

Why you can't even lie down while there is a toddler awake in your home. 
 I could tell HQ enjoyed some of the one on one attention today, but as time wore on she asked for Izzy. (Big slow mom is not have as exciting as a quick, noisy, little Izzy!)  So HQ settled for being hugged, and hugged A LOT.  She made it difficult to cook so I made a quick one pot meal for dinner (not very me!).  But Ty loved it since it's pretty much what he grew up with.  HQ also loved it since it was messy.

Utensils on the floor...
I don't know.
 
HQ would try to lift up her arms while keeping as many bubbles as possible on them.
She grew bored of this rather quickly and decided to eat them instead.
I did bedtime routine for HQ just the same as I would if Izzy would have been here.  I think HQ is finally adapting to the fact that there are a few nights that she will just be big sister-less.  As I rocked her before bed Peanut started to go bonkers (he seems to like to do that whenever I am rocking HQ).  He went so crazy I ended up getting nauseous and having heartburn, but it's "quiet" moments like that that make me realize how incredibly blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment