Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Ty and I woke up in absolutely pleasant moods.  We were looking forward to church and then time with family, friends, food, and football.  I didn't have a specific favorite team (since mine REALLY blew it this year!) but Ty roots for the Steelers, so Steelers it was.  Plus.. I strongly disapprove of bandwagon fans (in anything).. so I was NOT going to ride the Packer bandwagon!  The Vikings really stunk (horribly disappointing and they did it to themselves!) this year, but win or lose I am still a fan..  

Ready for church!
 After church we headed straight to my parents house to mooch some lunch and play some ping pong.  HQ was excited to see her Uncles, my parents, and all the kitties out to play.  Our friends came to enjoy the game, a little ping pong, and food with us.  It was great to have them there.

Having a pregame lunch!

The little footballs are bacon truffle brownies a new recipe my good friend is in the process of perfecting.
They were quite yummy! (the large one was baconless for Izzy, but when she learning the lettering was just sugar she made short work of it!)
After halftime and a horrible start for the Steelers Ty fell asleep.  He was bummed to learn that the second half of the game was much more exciting!  HQ may have even ended up seeing more of the game than he did... but he did enjoy waking up to her playing with his face :)

Izzy was dropped off minutes after the Super Bowl ended and tackled her little sister in excitement.  She asked (as usual) if she and her little sister could spend the night there.  I had another 3 hour glucose test in the morning so I was all for it.  We took advantage of the child freeness and imposed on our friends for some tea, delicious homemade bread and jam, and good conversation yet again.  After coming up with some amazing business plans (mostly sarcasm!) it was time to head home.  A long, but amazing day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment