Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Make Do" Night

Getting up was a struggle as usual, but the girls were good to me this morning. They wanted cereal and fruit for breakfast (not pots/pans to wash, woohoo!) and were perfectly content watching a little bit of cartoons. We are also lucky that the girls grow bored of being stagnant fairly quickly so there isn't a whole lot of couch potato-ness that goes on in this home.

Ty came home for a good long break before heading back into work later in the afternoon. I'm not going to lie.. he made me quite mad today! Durning his break (4.5 hours) he spent the entire time playing Starcraft II... Peanut is due in less than two weeks and we still have plenty that needs to be done around here. I'm not an idiot, he needs his time too (he usually gets an hour to 2 of game time per day), but that long seemed too long to me... I love him and he hasn't done that in a LONG time, but oh did it stress me out and make me bitter for a good chunk of the day! 

Being lazy watching the Pink Panther cartoons.
HQ asked to be put in that outfit... she's a mini Izzy!
Thankfully in the late afternoon a friend stopped by with a super gift for us. A triple stroller! It was nice to have some adult companionship/conversation during the day even if it was only for a short while (she had to get home to her sick little one). The girls spent the majority of the time she was here playing in the stroller, knocking it into the heater, and checking it out. The back has a place for Izzy to sit or stand should she need too. Which I think is pretty neat. Trying to tote around 3 little ones while Ty's at work will be a nice little chore. Every time something makes me really realize wow, I am going to have 2 kids under 2 I start to pray, "Oh Lord give me strength!!"But it's soon relieved by the thought of how fun it will be.. even if not so much right off the bat! We have some super supportive and loving family and friends.

Testing out the new stroller.
Currently HQ's favorite book.
 After she left the girls and I started on dinner. It was "make do" night. Which meant cleaning out the cupboards to come up with something healthy and edible. My mom gives us a lot of her extras. She used to buy for 10 or more people, and now that it's down to four in her house she still isn't quite used to shopping for that little. That means we end up with some good, but random items. We threw together a yummy tomato/chicken pasta that the girls scarfed down. Ty loved it too and of course being the carnivore he is ate all the chicken out of the left overs too.

Izzy snuggled in bed with me for about half an hour before she went to bed. She wanted to talk about life and her future. She also had more questions about babies and having a husband. I love being able to have one on one time with her. I pray we never lose that and that she always feels she can come to me with sincere questions and that she will always get loving and honest answers.

Ty should be home in around 20 minutes. Yay! I look forward to that and hopefully I wont be a butt head to him and still make him "pay" for earlier today. That wouldn't benefit anyone and that would not make me an awesome wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment