Monday, February 7, 2011

Blood Test Date!

We recently "remodeled" our bedroom.  By remodeled I mean moved all the furniture around so it made more sense and gave us more room.  Anyway the way the sun comes into our room now in the morning is so much nicer to wake up to than the way it originally was.  However waking up to the beautiful sunlight was short lived by remembering I had to fast for my glucose test this morning and I was already really hungry... 

The glucose test is a 3 hour blood test where you are given glucose and they take blood samples to determine how quickly it is cleared from the blood.  It's used in pregnancy to detect gestational diabetes. Bleh!  I'm not worried.  I've been eating pretty clean :) 

We left for the lab as soon as we were ready.  We decided to take this odd opportunity to turn it into a "date".  Ty told me that he would fast with me and if you know my husband, THAT is serious love!  Now, I did already take a 3 hour glucose, but my results for the first one were never checked at the hospital (Grrrrr!), so the midwife had to send me to retake it.  

Ty packed books, paper, pencils, our DS's, and cell phones in the hopes we could distract ourselves from our empty tummies.  We had an amazing group of phlebotomists and they did everything they could to make sure our time spent there was as enjoyable as possible.  

About and hour into the test Ty said, "Maybe we should talk about what we are going to eat when we get out of here so we don't make a bad choice".  But then I got hungrier thinking about all the amazing options.  We then settled on CoCo's since we had a gift certificate there.

My handsome husband helping to make hungry time fly
He never takes any pity on me when it comes to video games...
 After ordering the "most amazing sandwich and salad" I ever had.  Ty decided we needed to get an entire pie... (don't worry, more than half of it is still sitting in our fridge!) After the long morning and gorging ourselves we were ready for a nap, but Ty had work to go to, so he played a little bit of WoW before leaving while I took a nap.  This hot couple is at it again! :)  


I currently have no little ones with me (well save for Peanut, but he's being good right now), no husband, and a little splash of energy.  I am going to go sew!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment