Monday, February 21, 2011

Deep Dark Cave

Oh my goodness was it ever difficult to get my pregnant butt out of bed this morning! Fortunately Ty was here and he and HQ played out in the living room until I made it out of bed. My husband is so amazing. It feels like I have been pregnant forever to the both of us, but we still can't believe his due date is less than 2 weeks away! 

What HQ was wearing when I got up. 
We then set out to do some errands. We had a tiny bit of grocery/necessity shopping to do and we promised Izzy that we would check to see if her mermaid pattern was on sale. HQ loved the outing.

Off to do some shopping!
 Since I know how to make my own patterns I refuse to pay full or even half price for one. But pattern making can be a time consuming process for a "luxury item" (such as Izzy's latest obsession costume) and if I can get a pattern close enough to what I want for cheap why not just pick one up and adjust it to save myself some time (time=money right?)?  Fortunately Joann puts them on sale for $1 a piece every now and then. And they were on sale for just that much today (yay, President's Day sale!).

Izzy's pattern


Izzy was brought home right after Ty left for work. She was so bummed that HQ was down for her nap. "Why isn't she awake? I miss her! I need to hear her giggle at me!" 

Not too much later HQ woke up and the girls were super excited to see each other. They played "deep dark cave"(which involves hiding under a blanket and screaming) and looked through some books together until dinner time. They are such great sisters! 

After HQ went to bed Izzy and I made one of her favorite desserts. Banana bread! She gets to crack eggs, squash bananas, a eat some sugar. What's not to love about that? I thought I would add our recipe as we have tried many and this is by far Izzy's and Ty's favorite. I'll post it in a separate blog that way if you're interested look it up! If not it wont be an eyesore to you. 

But now the girls are asleep, our home smells delicious, and I am ready to lie down. If only Ty were home! 





No comments:

Post a Comment