Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Squishing Mommy

Surprisingly bringing the girls to the midwifery today wasn't a bad thing.  They behaved as well as you can expect a 5 and a 1 year old to behave we sitting in the same room for nearly an hour.  Actually they had a great time watching the midwife "squish" my tummy to "hug" their little brother.  Izzy liked that she knew where his feet were and loved hearing his heartbeat.  HQ looked at her a little more cautiously as if to say, "Who does this woman think she is squishing my mommy? That's my job!"

We discussed our birth plan and have no more questions (and my glucose test came back healthy).  We are a little over 36 weeks along and just ready and waiting (and cleaning!).

Excited to go see the Midwife!

Boy.. there sure are a lot of stairs.

Realizing that running up the stairs was not a wise choice.

Making sure things are in order.

Sitting quietly like we asked while waiting for the midwife.
 Afterwards we went to visit Ty's mom for a bit.  She was happy to get to see all five of us for a change. She had some gifts/essentials for Peanut.  We are so excited to start getting all the little boy stuff and Ty's mom found some really cute... err manly little things!  Izzy and HQ both enjoyed seeing her and playing with all the fun stuff she has in her house.  She had even made some special Valentine cookies for the girls.  HQ loved the sugar cookies and Izzy didn't discriminate as long as there was sugar in the cookie!  

Back at home cleaning to prepare for their little brother.
So tonight Izzy learned how babies are born.  She asked me how they come out back when I was pregnant with HQ.  All I said then was "when the baby is ready there is an opening".  She was fine with that answer, but tonight while she talked to her little brother while watching him wiggly in my belly she asked again.  I flat out told her.  The timing just seemed right.  She was ready.  When I told her that sometimes the doctors do have to make a small cut in the mom's tummy to get the baby out she seemed more surprised or worried about that than the natural way.  The conversation lasted no more than 5 minutes and I made sure I let her lead it.  She seemed quite content with my answers.

Tomorrow is a day off for Ty and Izzy was extremely excited to hear that before heading to bed.  She thanked God for "letting Dad stay home to play with me, my mom, my HQ, and my little baby brother tomorrow" in her bedtime prayers.  I am quite thankful myself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment