Monday, January 3, 2011

Skinning Meatballs

HQ and I had just finished our oatmeal this morning when Izzy came home.  As usual the girls were extremely excited to see each other!  The little goofballs rolled around on the kitchen floor giggling and tickling each other for a good while before Izzy stopped and said, "You know, Mom, I am quite hungry... do we have marshmallows?".

Still dealing with my lack of energy (Ty and I are at the point where we are just counting down the days until Peanut gets here in the hopes that I could get some energy back) we still did our best to have a good time today sans Ty (he worked both jobs today).  Izzy started on the 3rd phonics box and I have a feeling she's going to blow right through it!  She's a smart and hard working little cookie.  

My mom sent home some dinner for us with Izzy (she had 3 babies back to back, so she remembers how pooped you can get being pregnant AND having other little ones to take care of, so she tries to help when she can).  It was hawaiian meatballs with pasta.  As we were eating it for dinner tonight Izzy announced that they were good, but she didn't like the skin of the meatballs... um.. there was no skin on the meatballs! She asked if it was ok to peel them.  After debating with her over whether or not there was skin on said meatballs I finally said "Sure, Izzy, take the skin off if you need to".  She tried for a good couple of minutes and then realized it was a difficult task.  She asked if I would do it for her.  When I reminded her that there was no skin on the meatballs she said, "Oh! Then that's why they are yummy!" -_-  

Ty should be getting home soon and then it's off to bed!  He doesn't work until 2pm tomorrow so the plan is to head to the mall to pick up the Hello Kitty Pencil Box we promised Izzy for finishing Phonics #2.  She is so proud and so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment