Monday, January 17, 2011

Izzy the Nerd

To be perfectly honest (and immature), this morning sucked!  HQ woke up full blown screaming at 5am.  Ty had already left for work and me being as round as I am couldn't get to her before she woke her sister up.. who also responded with crying (Izzy doesn't do well when she's awoken prematurely).  I soon discovered HQ had Ty's yucky tummy bug and that was the reason she woke up so upset.  I was trying to comfort her by hugging and rocking her while getting Izzy breakfast and I stepped on a broken piece of glass.  So I was bleeding, holding a not so happy HQ, and getting a groggy Izzy breakfast. Ty had to hear about how "horrible" my morning was (and being a not so loving wife blamed some of it on him) and now I just realized I never even asked him about his : / He gets home soon.  I better make it up to him! 

Fortunately HQ fell back asleep around 8am for a good 3 hour nap, so Izzy and I decided to do the same.  Izzy just took a nap with me since I was worried HQ might wake up screaming again and at least it wouldn't scare Izzy awake if she were with me.  We both woke up better people due to that nap.   

Upon waking from her morning nap Izzy played with her Barbie.
Barbie was "exercising and going to work at Trader Joe's in Kansas... "
"Not Kansas the state (because there are tornados there) the Kansas in Australia".
 Since HQ needed A LOT of cuddles today Izzy entertained herself most of the day.  From stamps, to dolls, to drawing, to reading, to learning to knit, to playing with her electronic dictionary... she enjoyed her time.  She also did her best to entertain her sister.  She is very good at making HQ smile even when HQ's world looks pretty "bleak"!

Playing with her electronic dictionary.

Reading for Phonics.
See how happy she looks?! I love it :D
Twice in a row now when asking HQ is she's ready for bed she nods, lifts up her arms (to say carry me), and then while held will wave and say "nigh nigh" to her sister.  Pretty exciting stuff! After HQ went to bed tonight (seemingly a bit better) Izzy and I worked on her Hello Kitty knitting project she got for Christmas.  Knitting hasn't been my strong point (all I can do is hats and scarves) so it was a little trickier for me to teach her, but she has learned how to cast on!  Whoo hoo! Success! 

I want strawberries... I hope I find some in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment