Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Snuggles

This morning I had my lovely dental appointment.  Come to find out my tooth has been rendered useless and they "highly advise" an extraction and an implant.  Since Ty and I are filthy rich this was wonderful news! 

We did get our girls back today and that was awesome.  HQ hopped off my mother's lap and ran to me immediately and soon after reached for Ty to get a healthy dose of Dad.  Izzy had a million and one things to tell us and show us.  One of them being $20 she received from SD for her "water bed fund".  She has been talking about a water bed for a few months now and I have no idea where her obsession came from!


Celery dipped in peanut butter for a snack.
Peanut butter is one of Izzy's favorite foods and today she "accidentally" stuck her whole hand in the jar
and therefore had to clean it all off herself the same way a cat would... oh Izzy. 

As I try to rest on the couch the girls both decided they needed to snuggle with me.
The tried to push each other out of the way to be closer to me... I'm so loved.
Izzy was in somewhat of a morbid conversation mood today.  She kept asking about when each of us was going to die.  The first time she thought about me dying (apparently thanks to her grammy who told her that if I died she would get to go live with her -_-) she had just turned 4.  She cried for a LONG time.  Today she was a little more casual about it, and ended the conversation with "but it will be so fun when we are all in heaven again!"  (I'm not sure where the again came from...)  

All ready for bed!
The girls are in bed and the house is oddly quiet again.  Well quiet save for the sounds of Emma munching away in her cage.  It has me wondering how I would deal with having an "empty nest" years from now.  I love hanging out with Ty, he's my best friend and an awesome companion.  We seriously have a blast together, but how badly will I miss the everyday chaos and extra warmth our kids brought into our lives?  I suppose that's why we are told to treasure it all.  They are only in our care for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment