Monday, January 10, 2011

I Miss Those Faces!

Sorry to combine two days again, but my computer is on the fritz... again.  I think it may be dying! Uhg!
Yesterday was a much needed day with Ty.  We tried to keep the day mostly simple, but the main focus was to just be together.

We did go out to lunch and the fabric store (more gift certificates from Christmas! Yay!).  And then went to my parents to pick up a few items and to drop HQ off.  I have a couple of appointments these next two days so we figured it would be a good time to spend two kid free days.  (We wont be able to have anymore of those for awhile when Peanut is here!) We also knew Izzy was going to be dropped off at my mom's this morning and HQ has been asking for her.  It only made sense.

My mom made us a delicious and healthy dinner and we had some good conversation with my parents and sister.  It was nice.  We don't usually have the time (or can't provide the attention) to just sit and talk. Ty and my dad talked A LONG time about work and education in general.  My dad had him feeling pretty confident he could help find him a "grown up job" as Ty puts it.  Plenty to pray about! We then set out for home and just crashed in bed.

Feeling so grown up at the table!

HQ sharing a salad with her dad (they brought her stuff out last...)
Today I woke up at 11:30am. 12 hours of sleep! I cannot believe it!  I haven't slept for more than 5 consecutive hours since I found out I was pregnant with Izzy (about 6 years ago!).  Ty had already left for work when I got up (he had work at 5:45am today) which made me feel even worse for sleeping that long.  However for the first time in weeks I woke up and my body didn't hurt.  Even though Peanut was kicking me.   

My mom took Izzy in for her routine cleaning at the dentist.  Our dentist is a 5 minute drive from my parents' house.  So we figured that since she was going to be there anyway we may as well get her cleaning out of the way.  Izzy was proud of the pat on the back she received for being good to her teeth.  She was also proud of the new toothbrush she was given (it has fishes on it).  My mom told me that HQ was a little angel in the waiting room.  

So today was spent cleaning and reorganizing our home while Ty worked (he's still at work for another hour).  I have bunches of the girls clothes to sort through (you know, to find what needs repairs, is too small, trashed, or just needs to be put away, cleaned, or stored). The fun part of being a parent. 

I haven't had any soda in 10 days and I lost a pound!  Woohoo!  No, losing a pound due to cutting out sugar/chemicals is not dangerous while pregnant.  It's been hard because we have had my 3 favorite sodas just sitting in the fridge.  Dr. Pepper has been calling my name.  Ty has been slowly drinking them down.  He also finally decided to care more about what he puts in his body.  I am so excited for him!

I miss this little face!  I haven't seen it since Friday!
I miss HQ too, but we spent all yesterday with her :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment