Monday, January 24, 2011

Cake and Blood

Sunday was a lot of fun.  Ty and I drove out to pick up HQ from my parents and then headed to church.  There were new ladies (at least to us) working in the nursery (she's there about once a week so she knows it pretty well) and a bunch of new little ones.  She seemed very confused why all these kids were playing with "her" stuff. 

Before dropping her off in the nursery Ty wanted to get some hugs in.
She immediately took his hat off his head.

"MOM! I WASN'T READY!!"

"What is that lady over there doing?"
After church we brought her back to my parents since we had plans to hang out with friends later that night (and since Izzy was going to be dropped off there later) and we ran a few errands.

We met or friends who had made a delicious cake (Peanut has really been needing cake lately...) and we went out for a bite to eat.  It was an enjoyable night.  Having good friends is pretty darn awesome.
A piece of cake for us to bring home that was decorated specially for Izzy.
Ty worked this morning 4am to 12:45pm... yuck.  He came home ready for bed, but we had to meet with the midwife in an hour!

We loved our time there again.  So personal and not rushed.  However we did find out that instead of putting my phone number down I put Izzy's father's phone number down... so he got a message this morning about needing my paperwork from my previous OB.  I'm sure that confused him!

Resting at the midwifes.
Yes, I realize there is a naked lady in the background. 
I have a lame and apparently rare blood type.  The last two pregnancies I had to get shots throughout to help prevent miscarriage, retardation in the babies, and stillbirth (awesome huh?).  This time around Ty asked if his blood type could make any difference.  We were told that in the rare chance his blood matched mine I wouldn't need any shots and baby would be fine.  We thought it was pretty silly that the hospital never even offered that.

Ty hasn't had blood drawn (or stuck with any needle for that matter) in years.

Looking macho in front of the all female staff.
After the midwife Ty and I just headed home and have been taking it easy (well, he's been asleep for the last half hour).  We pick up the little ones tomorrow morning and I look forward to hugging those little people.  What an awesome blessing they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment