Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday and Saturday

Yesterday was a good day.  Ty's mom picked us up for school nice and early.  Ty usually comes to help out in the classes too, but was scheduled to work instead.  Shucks!  During the morning announcements HQ decided she wanted to run around like a little crazy person.  This is one of the times it's really nice to have Ty there so that at least one of us can hear the announcements while the other takes care of HQ.  I decided to just take her to the nursery and hope I could get the info from someone else later!

HQ is staring at her snacks.

Izzy shows HQ how to use the foam tunnel in the nursery. 

Just like a pro!
I was exhausted the whole time I was helping in the classes, but I had the promise of alone time with Ty later that afternoon which made it easier to get by.

My mom picked us up after school.  Izzy asked for her usual after school sprinkled doughnut and it was on our way to Grandma's!  HQ fell asleep almost immediately in the car (all that work she does in the nursery really tires her out) and Izzy described exactly what she would like to have for lunch.  My mom always looks forward to the girls coming over, and she makes sure she has their favorite foods handy.  

Ty came by around 3 to pick me up and we left our little ones behind for a night out with friends.  It was originally supposed to be 6 of us, but one couple couldn't make it.  We had some home bbq'd turkey burgers and a night of games.  (If you don't own Wii Party get it!)  We had so much fun!  

Today I got to sleep in (no kids!).  I felt so lazy I didn't even want to get out of bed to get breakfast but my tummy (and Peanut) eventually won that battle.  I started to feel guilty that Ty couldn't be there to be lazy with me.  He left for work at 6am this morning and works until 10 tonight... 

This afternoon Ty's mom brought me to go pick up HQ (I totally feel like a kid without a car!).  But I think she was just as excited as I was to go get her.  It was also nice to be able to just chat on our way there.  I am so blessed to have an awesome mother-in-law! HQ was happy to see us both and then happy to be home.   But when she got home and Ty's mom had left she roamed about the place for a moment looking in every room.  She then plopped down in the hallway and yelled, "Dada! Ithy! (Ithy = Izzy)".  After a few tries she realized they weren't home so HQ stormed back down the hallway, picked up her vacuum, and ferociously "cleaned" the living room.  She was mad!

It's not quite as easy to play peek a boo with a heavy blankie!
Ty came home for dinner tonight so he could see HQ before going to bed (since he's usually home after she sleeps and leaves before she wakes up).  She was absolutely excited to see him!  Before he headed back to work she made him pick her up and just hug her.  She wouldn't let him go for a LONG time.  She lay her head on his shoulder, patted his back, and closed her eyes.  Like she felt so content and safe in his arms.  :)  Just the way I feel!  She finally let him go (grudgingly) and I got her ready for bed.  She was happy and ready to go to sleep.  

Ty gets home soon.  And then the three (well... 4) of us have all day together tomorrow.  We are all looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment