Monday, October 31, 2011

Harvest Party

So I have been suffering from some CRAZY insomnia for a week. The first night it happened I lay in bed for 8 hours (save for Locke's early am feeding) and never went to sleep. The second night I got 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES! Once 7am hit (around the time the girls get up) I would get sleepy. There isn't any time to nap, since HQ and Locke almost never go down at the same time and Ty works all day. Anyway I have been getting between zero and 2 hours of sleep every night. Needless to say I have been running on half a brain.

Tonight was the Harvest Party at Hope. It was the first time I have ever been. It's a pretty big event! Izzy has been asking about it for weeks. There were quite a few bounce houses, plenty of food, candy, games, a puppet show, a train, and an entire room dedicated to the toddler age. HQ was excited she finally got to run around in her costume. She got to wear a skirt that was green and poofy. Which are two of her favorite things. :) 

Bellossom. I am surprised that she never pulled the flowers out of her hair.
The girls had a great time. I never ended up making Locke's costume. HQ destroyed the pattern and making a new one or altering another one would have been too much for me this week. I suppose it was for the best since he peed all over himself (and me) shortly after arriving at the harvest party anyway. He still looked cute in his "Bring me to my mummy" shirt.

Most people didn't know what HQ was, but thought she was cute anyway. She was a pretty big hit. When people would say, "Look at you!" or "You look so cute!" She would point to outfit and say "Yeah!".

Comparing costumes.
Izzy took her wig off to jump in the bounce houses. Everyone still knew who she was though!
Izzy was excited about being able to win candy. She said winning the candy was more fun than just trick or treating for it. Especially when she was getting kit kat bars. Not a single rotten walnut this year!

Winning kit kat bars made it even better!

Waiting for the puppet show.

HQ was a little confused at what we were watching. 

Watching a balloon float away... These girls were mesmerized! It was pretty exciting.
Check out the girl on the left. She chose to be an FBI agent. 

We let her get her own ketchup. "This is the BEST hotdog EVER!"
Ketchup and peanut butter are her two favorite foods. 
All in all I'd say it was a successful evening. All three kids were knocked out in the car five minutes after leaving. When we got home Izzy asked if she could sleep in her costume. She said she hoped it would help her dream about being Rapunzel.

Well, I'm going to try running around the living room in the hopes of tiring myself out and get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment