Saturday, October 29, 2011

Busy Week

It's been a very busy week! On top of our normal schedule (art class, soccer, tennis, library, and normal errands) we added playdates, a pumpkin patch, Disney's California Adventure, and two birthdays!

We went to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday. We met up with Ty's mom, stepdad, stepsister and her two little ones. Her son is about a year older than Izzy, and they get along great. At one point Izzy asked him if he would like to hold hands with her. He responded by changing the subject. 

The girls enjoyed some rides at the pumpkin patch. On each one HQ's face was expressionless. She could NOT look more bored, but the moment the ride ended she would yell, "MO! AGAIN!". 

Yeah, these creeps stayed in here for all of 5 minutes.
Wearing two of her birthday presents at the pumpkin patch. 
Izzy and I were invited to watch our beautiful friend preform in "Aladdin Spectacular" (or "The Jasmine Show" if you ask Izzy) at Disney's California Adventure. I haven't been to California Adventure in over 7 years, so it was pretty fun to see the changes. Izzy's favorite ride was the giant ferris wheel. I was also able to enjoy the afternoon there catching up with a dear friend (who I haven't actually talked to in years outside of facebook and she hasn't aged a day!). The show itself was adorable! I LOVE live shows. The costumes and set were beautiful and the cast was perfect. Izzy was absolutely starstruck by our friend. She acted shy most of the day (she said it was because I was talking too much). But by the time it was just her and I again she had a TON to say. She really liked having grown up girl time with me.



Enjoying some cotton candy.
Izzy's donned her Princess Jasmine costume in support and homage to Shea.
Jasmines. Izzy and Shea.
Izzy was quite starstruck by her! 

"OK, Mom.. I know you think I'm cute, but can we be done?"
Dressed for her tennis costume party. She originally wanted to wear her Rapunzel costume, but then decided she wouldn't be able to play tennis in her long wig.
 On Izzy's actual birthday she had me remove her car seat from the car. She was so proud of how big she felt. She has been taking the initiative to brush her teeth and hair before being reminded or asked all week because "that's what six year olds do".
Wanting to be festive for her birthday lunch, Izzy put a flower in her hair.
My mom offered to take us anywhere Izzy chose for lunch. She chose The Loft.

Sharing her cake with HQ. Obviously HQ doesn't want to drop a crumb!
If you'll notice Locke's head/hand he is is also trying to grab the cake. It's like he knows cake is delicious. Or at least messy.
 Izzy and I also sewed her costume this week. We cut up part of an old nightgown to make her slip and undershirt. She found the deconstruction process interesting and started looking through my "recycled" cloth to see what else we could do.
Izzy's design sketch.

Izzy's Rapunzel Costume. (Before getting ironed. She had to leave and I wanted to try it on before she left)
Before I started her costume I showed her what the store bought versions looked like. I didn't want to just make a duplicate of what they had in the stores.  She said she wanted me to make her one that was more true to the movie. She pointed out that the store bought one had sparkles, faux lacing, short sleeves, was too long, and poofy.












" 
Izzy and Pascal.
Although Izzy wanted hers truer to the movie, she did opt for hot pink ribbon instead of the pale pink.
Today is HQ's birthday. She's 2! To celebrate I made cinnamon rolls and we got her some chow mien (her favorite) for dinner. She still doesn't get the whole "birthday" concept, but she liked being spoiled today. Who doesn't?

HQ is 2!
This ball pit is her new favorite place in the house. She brings all her other toys and books in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment