Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Good Morning!

Locke would NOT let me sleep last night. When Ty woke up at 4am to get ready for work I was already up and just radiating love and joy... OK, so I was radiating nothing of the sort. Right before Ty left Locke went to sleep... for 20 minutes.
Knowing I would appreciate a pick-me-up after a lack of sleep, Ty left a note on my laptop. :D
I love that man soooooo much!
I have been teaching Izzy a Proverb a week. She will memorize it, write it down in her notebook, and draw some sort of image that she feels corresponds with verse. This week's is "He who guards his mouth and his tongue, guards his soul from trouble" (21:23). She LOVES this verse. We always talk about how we would apply it to life and this one started a very good conversation. We talked about all sorts of things you should be guarding your mouth from. Gossip, slander, bad words, lying, bragging, intentionally hurting, etc. Being a terrible mouth guarder myself I also benefitted greatly. It's odd how hearing a child's perspective on some things can make you grow up.

After our homework we worked on party stuff. We put the goody bags together, ordered a bounce house, and started working on the "Happy Birthday" banner. All the while Izzy talked about how great it will be to be six. "It's almost being a grown up!"


Locke loves his sisters.

"HQ... there is whipped cream all over the kitchen, do you know what happened?"
The girls did their Spanish lesson after lunch. They really get into it. Izzy has decided she would like to learn Japanese next year. That makes Ty happy! Rosetta Stone here we come!

I had hoped you would see it better, but Izzy's dress is covered in pastels after art class.
Before bed tonight Ty played Mario Galaxy 2 while the kids and I watched. Izzy gives him very helpful pointers like, "don't fall off, Dad!" and HQ screams every time she sees a goomba or some other little bad guy. It's fun family time for a nerdy family like us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment