Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Orange Vests and Yeti Costumes

I had every intention of making it to spin class today, but it just didn't work out. I think the kids prefer me fat. We spent the morning working on the girls's room and their massive mountains of clothes. Most of which don't fit, but in a rush to finally get through the last of our moving boxes (I have 3 kids, don't judge me!) I dumped the boxes marked 'clothes' in the middle of their room and then realized they were the hand me downs. So we got to organize those. Almost ever piece of clothing being packed up was Izzy's "favorite". She had a story for every item. "Remember when I wore that purple dress? That was my favorite. I always had so much fun in it. Remember?" I told her she seems to have fun in all her clothes. "I don't think I would have fun in a orange vest or a yeti costume". Pfft, who wouldn't have fun in an orange vest or yeti costume?

Doing her best to pull all the bells and whistles off Locke's ball.
Locke just watches in wonder.
We did our home studies and watched a documentary on bees. Those guys are vicious! HQ sat and watched the whole thing too. Izzy decided that she would never want to be a bee. I concur. We had a bit of natural honey as a snack to stay with the bee theme.

Enjoying a documentary about bee's.
 Locke has another tooth coming in. When you really think about it, teething sounds horribly painful. He's such a trooper. He does his best to just always have something soft in his mouth. Even when he is crawling. Kind of like a puppy. On top of teething HQ accidentally scratched his cornea.. it has already almost completely healed, but it was looking pretty awful for a moment there!
Happy little guy.
Stuffed cookies make the best chew toys.  
At 3:15 my mom showed up to pick Izzy up for art class. I thought Wow! Izzy will be gone, both HQ AND Locke are down for a nap, will I get a moment to myself? Even if it is just to do the dishes... but no. The very moment the door closed behind Izzy I kid you not, THE VERY MOMENT both of the little ones let me know they were done napping. Oh well. :)

Never leave a 5 year old with a love of stickers alone with your stickers... especially if they are heart shaped! 
When Izzy got back we made mini pizza's for dinner. One of Izzy's favorites, but who doesn't like pizza? HQ likes to compartmentalize her food. First she eats the toppings (if any), then the cheese, then licks all the sauce off, then mashes the crust into unrecognizable bits and eats half of those and smashes the other half where ever she can before Ty or I get a hold of her to hose her down... figuratively speaking of course.

Grampa and HQ doing the most important job in cookie making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment