Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cherry Garcia

My mom helps out a lot. She babysits, invites us over for dinner, and likes to buy stuff for the kids. I always thought this was so sweet, but now I am not so sure. One thing she likes to purchase the most for the girls is socks. Yes, socks. Not just any socks. Colorful socks, days of the week socks, animal socks, tie dye socks, socks with bows, socks with bells... Whatever kind of sock they make, she buys them. She never buys the same pair twice. I did my share of "oh, are those cute", until I started to catch up on the laundry. We now have a basket that contains 38 clean socks with no match. That was even after pulling out the ones that no longer fit. These socks are all different designs, styles, thicknesses, brands etc. So even trying to do the cute mismatch sock thing wont work here! I think she's trying to secretly torture me. Bravo, Mom. Bravo.

Today was Ty's "Sunday" (he had Wed/Thurs off this week) so we spent the majority of the day just hanging out at home. It was also foggy morning which tends to make us a little lazier. Ty and Izzy even had left over pizza for breakfast to really get into the lazy mood.  Izzy wanted to get her home study started earlier today so she could finally check "foggy" on her weather chart before it cleared up. She's had 8 sunny checks in a row. It was getting pretty boring.

Mmm... Cherry Garcia
I made Locke some brussel sprouts for lunch.... as you see here they earned his
"What is this garbage you're feeding me?" face. I'm bummed it's blurry.
Izzy had soccer practice this afternoon. The girls had a british coach helping out today. He taught them some fancy footwork, some defensive techniques, and also how to say "It's groovy, baby. YEAH!"
An envious Locke and HQ watch practice.

Getting a high-five after returning a water bottle... that she stole.

She couldn't handle watching anymore and needed to go exploring.
She took Ty on a walk around his old alma mater.
 Time get back to staring at the sock basket in amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment