Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Go for the Head"

Today was birthday party day! We had a Mario Party, Party (Izzy's idea) at my mom's house. No one got hurt, had a tantrum, or threw up. I'd say it was quite a success! Only 3 families who rsvp'd didn't end up making it. Not too bad. And of course I left my camera at my folks, so I only have the few photos I took with my phone. 

Excited!
 I was surprised by how huge the bounce house was! I'm bummed I forgot to hop in side to see what it was like.. I've never been in one! We tried to find a Mario themed bounce house, but we couldn't find any, so we thought this castle was close enough to Princess Peach's castle. The kids didn't care, they probably would have had fun if it was in the shape of chalk.

Our wannabe Princess Peach's castle and ping pong table.
HQ spent as much time as possible in here!
 Izzy asked a couple months back if we could have a pinata. I asked, "A Mario pinata?" she said, "NO! We can't hit him, he's the good guy!" So Ty and I had been hunting for a Bowser (we found one, but for $200.. no thanks!), Bob omb, Boo, Star, etc. When she learned that she might not have a pinata at all, a Mario one didn't seem so bad.
Mario pinata! Ty kept moving back farther and farther.
Waiting their turn.
After a round and a half the girls began to chant, "Go for the head! Go for the head!" They were more brutal than boys!

Poor Mario.

YAY Goodies!

I have a better pic of the cake on my camera. It was delicious! We got a white cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Yum! Izzy made sure she got the piece with Bob omb on it and HQ didn't care as long as it had sugar.
My dad also purchased trick candles. So after Izzy had saturated the left side with her spit trying to get the flame to go out, Ty helped her.
 Of course the girls made off like bandits in gifts. We have such generous friends and family! HQ was finished opening up presents after she opened a box of cheerios. She just hugged it and walked away from the gift opening area carrying it like it were her baby. Little weirdo. Well, she has more to open tomorrow then I guess!

It was fun for me too. I got to hang out with some fellow homeschool moms, family, and even an awesome friend who I haven't seen since her birthday last year (because she's silly and moved so far away) Everyone there was a blessing!

A couple families stayed for the "after party" as they called it. The remaining kids continued to play and we got to talk. About 7:30 the bounce house people came to take it down and the kids watched the bounce house deflate and get packed up as though they were watching a beloved friend die. The party was officially over.

HQ and Locke were knocked out in the car on the ride home. Izzy fell asleep almost immediately after hitting her pillow. Another sign of a good party :)
He's still smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment