Monday, October 10, 2011

Gratitude!

It was a busy day! First soccer pictures. Those took longer than needed but the kids all had a blast so it was A-OK to me! Next we met Ty for his lunch break. We had been missing him since he had done 12 hour shifts the last two days we figured we could at least bring him some lunch. He enjoyed it just as much as we did. :) Then we went for a swim, some errands, and Ty and I stole away for a date. Wewt!

My Pink Unicorn being all happy and goofy.

My baby sister telling HQ, "Ok, but I'm not going to follow you..."
But of course HQ called her bluff. Thank you Shannon for being so helpful!
We waited until Ty got home from work to do some swimming. Swimming weather in October... pfft. Come on fall!
Why am I NOT in the pool?
We ended up just dangling Locke's little legs in the pool. He kicked and squealed with so much force! He loves the water. He gets angry every time we take him out of the tub. The only time he doesn't like water is when we are washing his face. He thinks his face is better dirty/sticky.

Watching HQ swim. 
Today Izzy used face paints all over Ty. An "angry pink heart" on his cheek and many October themed items up and down his entire arm. They eventually all turned to large dried up globs, but Ty left them on while we ran some errands. He wore them proudly. He got some odd stares, a few glares, and a few praises. "You are a one in a million guy" and "You're such an awesome father" were some comments he got at Joann today as he was chasing HQ down the aisles. At one point he had Locke on his shoulders while playing hide and seek with HQ. You could hear her giggling from many aisles away. Locke joined in on the giggling. He has such a hearty little giggle. Errands are so much fun.

In the evening we dropped all three kids off at my parents a enjoyed a quick date. We had some light fun conversation and a beer. I feel like I am in honeymoon mindset these past few days. Ty and I have just been in an amazing place. Our life hasn't really changed, just our mindsets. Gratitude I suppose. We are so blessed with so much more than we deserve. It was odd that we both felt like we were being so ungrateful with what we had been given at the same time. I am so fortunate to be with the person my soul loves!

His and Hers Fat Tires.
Ty's phone died yesterday. It will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment