Sunday, October 2, 2011

Costumes!

Costume making time! I have the patterns all good to go, now it's time to construct some costumes! As per our agreement whatever Izzy has decided she wants to be by the end of August (within reason) is the costume I make. It gives me time to draw up or alter a pattern, find the materials, and construct her costume. She has wanted to be Rapunzel since she saw Tangled back in November and she stuck with it.

Rapunzel and Flynn

So Rapunzel it is! We already got an adult sized Lady Godiva wig for her. She really didn't like that the kids' Rapunzel wigs only went to her waist and they cost 3x as much!! She asked if Locke could be Eugene (aka Flynn Ryder) and I figured that would be a decent costume for a baby.

Bellossom

HQ is going to be a Pokemon. Bellossom to be exact. She loves poofy skirts, but princesses and ballerina's aren't really her thing, so Ty thought this Pokemon would be a good fit. I'm still kind of stuck on how I am going to do her flower head piece. I am thinking a head band with felt and large rhinestones, but I am unsure. I suppose it will be trial and error! Any suggestions?

Time to get sewing! I'm so excited :D

2 comments:

  1. Could you sew the flowers with 2 pieces of fabric and lightly stuff them? (plush-like?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a possibility. Someone suggested having two separate hair clips (with her hair in pigtails to support the weight) too instead of using a headband. Which should make it less likely for her to pull off. I like the idea of them looking more cartoony! I will play around with that.

    ReplyDelete