Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Stair Master

Yesterday we celebrated Ty's birthday at home. I made him Acadiana Shrimp Barbecue for his birthday dinner. It was my first time cooking shrimp that come with shells! Quite the experience, but the shrimp were much tastier. I don't know if that was just because I had to work that much harder to make them.
He is already climbing up the stairs... oh my. 

Helping Auntie pick out some recipes.
My mom and sister stopped by for some birthday dinner and mud pie (Ty's traditional birthday dessert) Ty enjoyed the gifts the girls picked out for him. We all watched Rio and he got to go to bed at 9:30. That was probably the best part of his night (seeing that he has been getting up at 4am the last 7 days). Tuesday is his Friday this week. He's looking forward to it!

Ty's Mud Pie. 
Today was spent at home. HQ started an ear infection. Izzy had a pretty bad on at that age which resulted in a trip to the emergency room and lots of medication, so I freaked out a bit. I called her doctor (I can't stress enough how much I love that lady!) and she told me to pick up some special herbal ear drops. They smelt like some sort of meat marinade. Almost immediately after using them HQ felt better. She also smells delicious.
Izzy came home from SD's with this eye mask. She believed they could make you fall asleep anywhere. After trying it all over the house today she has decided hers must be broken. 

Feeding Scarlett mandarin oranges. She didn't like them at first, but Izzy got her to like them.
For the fashion conscious: HQ is wearing a hula skirt complemented by a Christmas Elmo pajama top.

A gift my husband lavished upon me. Our wedding toaster broke :(
It even burns Kitty's face on the toast. HQ insisted I not get any peanut butter on Kitty's face.
A couple months ago I had a friend tell me I was, "living the dream". I thought "really? I don't travel, have bunches of money, or go out partying... I thought that was most peoples' view of "living the dream". Daily I love being a housewife more and more. All I have to do is take care of our home, teach our kids, love and respect my husband and I get blessed beyond measure (no.. not just with this toaster). My life is full of love! I suppose I really am "living the dream"!
Half of HQ's birthday present arrived today. How do you wrap these?

No comments:

Post a Comment