Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Starstruck

Ty and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Yippy!! I am crazy in love with my husband, so the 3 years have gone by so quick but at the same time I feel like I have been with him my whole life. Is that weird?

I woke up the morning of our anniversary sick. A full blown cold. BLEH! I suppose Izzy must have lent me some of her sick bugs. Ty tried to allow me to rest all morning so that I wouldn't feel any sicker by date time, but having three kids doesn't make that easy. They still needed to be fed, dressed, and somewhat entertained. Whenever I am sick Izzy makes me what seems likes hundreds of get well love notes/pictures, and I love them, but this means she wants to show me each one the moment she finishes whether or not I am sleeping.

Not letting me nap.

Showing Ty a map of the US Highways
By 4pm my mother had both the girls. Locke came with us since he's not sleeping through the night (so he can't spend the night at Gramma's yet) and we didn't want to be put on a time budget with kid pick up.

Ty and I headed off to LACMA for the Tim Burton exhibit. Since I have been a ginormous Colleen Atwood fan since I was a teen I was ecstatic! Seeing some of her costumes up close is my version of "starstruck". It took every ounce of will power in my body not to feel the stitch lines in the horseman's cape or the resin, metal, and rubber of Edward's ensemble. I wanted so bad to smell the mustiness on the garments that is trademark to costume houses. But since we were not allowed to touch the costumes, I was content to see them in person. I had completely forgotten I was sick. I think Ty enjoyed watching my expression to everything more than the exhibit. He's such a romantic. :D

Locke never made a peep and as we headed back to the car I felt like I had just spent the whole day at Disneyland. That is until I sneezed my brain out scaring my poor unsuspecting baby. We calmed him down and went to get some sushi. We brought our food home and put Locke to bed so we could enjoy it alone. After dinner we watched the ever romantic flick Big Trouble in Little China. It was the perfect anniversary.  :)

1 comment: